400g Fontana FORMIELLO Carnaroli Risotto Rice
1 small onion
10 saffron threads or 1 sachet of saffron powder
1.5l hot chicken stock
10g grated Parmesan
salt and pepper
- Sauté chopped onion in 50g of butter in a heavy-based pan until softened, but not coloured.
- Add rice and stir well in the butter until it becomes translucent.
- Add saffron and a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer. As the stock is absorbed, add more stock when necessary. Continue in this way until al dente. Add salt to taste if necessary.
- Add the other half of butter, blend the Parmesan cheese in, turn off the heat, cover, and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, or add veal marrow for a traditional Risotto alla Milanese.