ORGANIC RED WINE VINEGAR
The natural fermentation and barrel-ageing of selected organic Italian grapes gives this red wine vinegar an appealing cloudy rose-pink colour and a balanced, fruity aroma. Unpasteurised, unfiltered and with no added sulfites, it is rich in live bacteria and contains the nutritious 'mother'.
Wine vinegar has a very old history in Italy where it has been prized since Roman times for its therapeutic properties and culinary uses.
SIZE: 500 ml
Organic red wine vinegar
Naturally occurring Sulphites
Celery, Gluten, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Lupin, Dairy, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Nuts
Low Energy, Fat Free, Sugars Free, Salt-Free
|Nutritional Information||100 ml||1 portion / 15 ml|
|Energy||21 kcal / 89 kJ||3 kcal / 13 kJ|
of which saturates
|0.0 g |
|0.0 g |
of which sugars *
|0.4 g |
|0.1 g |
|Fibre||0.0 g||0.0 g|
|Protein||0.0 g||0.0 g|
|Salt||0.02 g||0.0 g|
|Sodium||0.01 g||0.00 g|
*Contains naturally occurring sugars
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Ketogenic, Organic
Fontana FORMIELLO organic red wine vinegar is made in Naples, in the south of Italy.
Use in salad dressings, sauces and marinades.
- Use vinegar to freshen wilted vegetables such as spinach or lettuce by soaking them in 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Use vinegar as a substitute for lemon juice; half measure of vinegar is equivalent to a full measure of lemon or lime juice.
- Use vinegar as a seasoning at the place of salt for foods such as potatoes or other vegetables.
- Ideal drizzled over green salads, pasta salads, or potato salad.
- Use to garnish hot soups as well as cold soups like gazpacho.
- Great to brighten preparations that are otherwise earthy and savoury, like sautéed mushrooms or caramelized onions.
Store closed in a cool dark place, away from heat source and direct sunlight. Any cloudiness or sediment does not affect the quality of the vinegar. This is a sign of our natural production method.
|Bottle||Clear Glass (70 GL)||Recyclable | Glass|
|Cap||Aluminium (41 AL)||Recyclable | Metal|
|Capsule||Polyvinyl chloride (3 PVC)||Recyclable | Plastic|
|Label||Paper (22 PAP)||Recyclable | Paper|
|Case||Cardboard (20 PAP)||Recyclable | Paper|
We are committed to minimising the amount of packaging used for our products, and are constantly exploring sustainable options, with zero plastic our ultimate goal. We measure the impact of our packaging using the three criteria below:
|Packaging to Product Weight Ratio||87.7%|
Our red wine vinegar is packed in clear glass bottles and closed with aluminium caps. A plastic capsule is fitted on top of each closure to avoid any tempering of the product before the bottle is opened.