SIZE: 1.0 Kg Net Wt
Carnaroli Rice (Oryza sativa L.)
Celery, Gluten, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Lupin, Dairy, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Sulphites, Nuts
Low-Fat, Sugars-Free, Salt-Free
|Nutritional Information||100 g||1 portion / 75 g|
|Energy||349 kcal / 1,482 kJ||262 kcal / 1,112 kJ|
of which saturates
|0.9 g |
|0.7 g |
of which sugars *
|79.0 g |
|59.3 g |
|Fibre||1.4 g||1.1 g|
|Protein||7.0 g||5.3 g|
|Salt||0.01 g||0.001 g|
|Sodium||0.00 g||0.000 g|
*Contains naturally occurring sugars
There are four steps to risotto heaven:
- Soffritto: Gently sauté onions in butter or oil for a couple of minutes.
- Tostatura: Add risotto rice and stir for a few minutes to coat with the butter or oil.
- Cottura: Add boiling stock as necessary for 16-18 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Mantecatura: Rest the rice for 1 minute off the heat before adding a knob of cold butter or cheese.
- Do not wash rice before cooking it as this removes the valuable starch which makes the risotto creamy.
- Cook the rice slowly by letting it gradually absorb stock that is added little by little until the rice is cooked.
- Stir risotto continuously to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep the stock on the hob at boiling point, so that the rice does not stop cooking when the stock is added.
- Risotto is ready when al dente, or when it is tender on the outside but it has a firm bite in the centre.
- Take the rice off the heat just before you think it is ready because it will continue to cook in its own heat.
Try Carnaroli rice for delicate, elegant dishes like risotto with white truffle, saffron, artichokes or seafood.
About 13 portions (5 full tablespoons / 75g per serving)
Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened store rice in a tightly sealed container.
|Bag||Low-density polyethylene (4 LDPE)||Recyclable | Plastic|
|Pack||Paperboard (23 PBD)||Recyclable | Paper|
|Case||Cardboard (20 PAP)||Recyclable | Paper|
We are committed to minimising the amount of packaging used for our products, and are constantly exploring sustainable options, with zero plastic our ultimate goal. We measure the impact of our packaging using the three criteria below:
|Packaging to Product Weight Ratio||8.3%|